Thank you for your interest in the American Sugar Alliance virtual annual board meeting that was held Tuesday, August 3rd, at 10:00 a.m. ET. While we were unable to gather in California for this year’s Symposium, hosting ASA’s virtual board meeting provided us an opportunity to bring you up to date on many of the critical issues our industry has faced over the last year. If you were able to attend, we hope you found the webinar informative. For those of you who were unable to attend, we wanted to be sure to include you.
For your convenience, we have compiled several speaker presentations below. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State of the Alliance: Outgoing ASA Chairman Jack Pettus, Vice President of Government Relations, American Sugar Cane League
- Outlook for Sugar Market: Rob Johansson, ASA Associate Director of Economics & Policy Analysis
- Sugar Program Management Panel: Barbara Fecso, Branch Chief of the Commodity Analysis Branch, Economic and Policy Analysis Division, Farm Production and Conservation Business Center (FPAC), USDA; Lori Tortora, International Trade Specialist, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), USDA; and moderator Daniel Colacicco, Sugar Analyst, American Sugar Alliance (Panel discussion – no PowerPoints)
- Legislative Update: Jeff Harrison, Counsel, Combest, Sell & Associates; ASA Legislative Consultant
- Legislative Reflections: The Honorable Collin Peterson, former Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee (Remarks only – no PowerPoint)
- Trade Report: Brian Grunenfelder, Partner, Green Field Strategies; ASA Trade Advisor
- Public Relations Report: Phillip Hayes, Partner, North Bridge Communications; ASA Director of Media Relations
- Agriculture & Political Landscape: Jim Wiesemeyer, Washington Analyst, Pro Farmer
- Remarks on Jack Roney’s Career: Incoming ASA Chairman Luther Markwart, Executive Vice President, American Sugarbeet Growers Association
- Special Retirement Tribute: Jack Roney, ASA Director of Economics & Policy Analysis