The American Sugar Alliance welcomes you to join ASA’s virtual annual board meeting, entitled, “U.S. Sugar Industry: Emerging Stronger than Ever, Preparing for the New Normal,” scheduled for Tuesday, August 3rd, from 10 AM – 1 PM ET.
Speakers will include ASA leadership and staff; USDA staff responsible for managing the sugar program; former House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson; and a lively presentation by keynote speaker Jim Wiesemeyer, the highly respected agriculture political analyst. We will also have a special tribute to ASA Director of Economics & Policy Analysis Jack Roney who will be retiring after serving the industry for 32 years.
- State of the Alliance: ASA Chairman Jack Pettus, Vice President of Government Relations, American Sugar Cane League
- Market Report: Rob Johansson, ASA Associate Director of Economics & Policy Analysis
- Sugar Program Management Panel: Barbara Fecso, Branch Chief of the Commodity Analysis Branch, Economic and Policy Analysis Division, Farm Production and Conservation Business Center (FPAC), USDA; Lori Tortora, International Trade Specialist, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), USDA; and moderator Daniel Colacicco, Sugar Analyst, American Sugar Alliance.
- Legislative Update: Jeff Harrison, Counsel, Combest, Sell & Associates; ASA Legislative Consultant
- Legislative Reflections: The Honorable Collin Peterson, former Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee
- Trade Report: Brian Grunenfelder, Partner, Green Field Strategies; ASA Trade Advisor
- Public Relations Report: Phillip Hayes, Partner, North Bridge Communications; ASA Director of Media Relations
- Agriculture Political Landscape: Jim Wiesemeyer, Washington Analyst, Pro Farmer
- Special Retirement Tribute: Jack Roney, ASA Director of Economics & Policy Analysis